Saturday, April 28, 2012

You do the math. . .

Every once in a while, I meet or talk to someone that is as challenged mathematically as myself. Rare, but it does happen and this latest instance reminded me of the AfterSchool specials with the egg on the frying pan, from my youthful days. . .

With the summer holidays fast approaching, we are just about fully booked for June and July is even more booked.

The other day, someone called after getting an e-mail about the availability.

Guest: "I got an e-mail that said you have just one tree house open on July 14 for one night."

Me: "Indeed, that is correct."

Guest: "Can I stay on July 13?"

Me: "No, I'm sorry, but we are fully booked on July 13."

Guest: "Can I stay on July 15?"

Me: "No, unfortunately we are fully booked on that day as well. We have just one tree house open for one night on July 14."

Guest: "OK, can you accommodate us if we want to stay for three nights?"

Me: "I'm sorry, but . . .

Crack the egg, watch it sizzle. . .

Get the picture?

3 comments:

Poiduck said...

gotta do better than that, boss ... offer him july 14 and any two dates available in, say, december ... (that's 1+2=3 for those troubled by 2+2=4)

Mike said...

Maybe you should have let him write an essay instead.

lu-mar said...

if we had an sat test for folks, we wouldn't be booked at all, i'm afraid, even if the idgits typed all lower-case. . .