Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Churro hangover?

I think it's entirely possible. It's been three days since I had the sweet, deep-fried treat and I'm still feeling the effects. For those not in the know, a churro is dough that is deep fried, and then coated with sugar, or cinnamon, or chocolate or caramel or all of the above. It's a strip of dough, and is close to a doughnut or a malasada. This one we got while at the Santa Clara Festia. I bellied up to the churro bar and asked for the caramel-covered churros (about five pieces, each about 3 to 4 inches long) and the lady asked me if I wanted caramel. Si! Claro! Yes, of course! I replied. The churros already had caramel and peanuts on top, and she then proceeded to empty most of her bottle of caramel onto my churros, bringing the raw net weight to about 3 pounds. Lucy wisely avoided the delectable mess, while I scarfed the whole thing down while watching cowboys ride bulls and spectators jump into the ring and play tag with el toro. The next morning, I felt like I had gone a few rounds with el toro, and the sugar high is still keeping me plugging along, three days later. I felt like Homer Simpson when he sees a doughnut: MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm, churrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooo!

No comments: