Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One of the top questions. . .

That Lucy and I get here at Tree Houses is: How long are you going to be here?

Honestly? We don't know. We both really enjoy it here and really like getting to meet folks from all over the U.S., Canada and the rest of the world.

And there's the wildlife. Not get all hippity-dippity on folks, but I always tell people that when we don't feel the need to walk around to see a sloth, monkey or other critter, then it's probably time to move on.

Case in point: The other night, while I was turning on the lights around the hotel for guests, I spotted a Blue Jean Frog (also known as a Strawberry Poison Dart Frog). It's very tiny, only about as bit as my thumbnail, but with its brilliant coloring, it stands out in the jungle. I followed it around into the jungle for a bit before it pulled off a big leap and disappeared.

So, when we don't give a rip and fail to be bowled over by the critters and stuff down here, then I suppose it will be time to move on.

No comments: