Friday, November 8, 2013

So close. . .

Have you ever been waiting for a flight and then hear the folks at the gate calling for volunteers to give up their seats for travel credit, etc.?

That was the case for the editorial department when I was headed up to the States. The art department had left a few days earlier to get some time in California, and I was traveling solo.

I heard the call and bolted up to the desk and was first in line. The offer was a $500.00 credit, plus hotel and shuttle for the night. The flight would have gotten me to my final destination just 12 hours later, so it was perfect.

Traveling alone, it was a great opportunity to pick up some credit for future travel. After 20 minutes waiting at the desk, the fellow told me that someone skipped out, and I could get on the plane.

However, by that time, my seat was given away and rather than being on the aisle in the front, I was stuck in the rear of the plane by the window.

A bummer all the way around.

No comments: