Sunday, May 23, 2010

Boa time. . .

The other day, two great guests from Oregon came back from a hike to the waterfall and were all excited about spotting a "moving branch" on their way to/from the waterfall. They took pictures and figured out that it was a boa constrictor. It was about 30 feet up in the tree and had a big bulge--most likely relaxing after a meal.

Boas are not venomous, for those who don't know, they just swallow critters and digest them. Personally, we have yet to run into one. Considering my phobia of snakes, this is probably a good thing. However, since I know that boas aren't going to come and chomp on me, I wouldn't mind seeing one. Any other snake, though, I'm off, running and screaming like a third-grader.

We're going to head down to the pools in the next day or so, and will hopefully be able to catch a glimpse of it.

No comments: