Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time to build. . .

Now that we're back, we're going to be pretty busy the next few months. We're going to add two additional tree houses to the grounds, which will give us a total of five.

When I say we, I mean that in the sense that the owners and us will be overseeing the builders of the two tree houses. Those in the know understand that I am tool-challenged, but do enjoy the fine art of construction.

Palomino (the builder) and his four-man crew will start building around June 15. In preparation for the two new tree houses, Miguel and I and the owners have tromped through the jungle on the property several times searching for the right two spots.

The first time Miguel and I hiked back there, I thought it would be a good idea to take along some string to tie around trees in the areas that we liked. The one hitch? The only string we had was green. I challenge anyone (other than Miguel) to find green string in the middle of the rain forest/jungle. I sure as sam hill couldn't do it. The fact that it took Miguel about five minutes to find the string further illustrates the above point about my inability when it comes to tools/building, etc.

We're going to hopefully be taking pictures along the way so the masses of three or four can see the new tree houses being put up.

No comments: