Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I've said it before. . .

And I suppose I'll keep on saying it until I get it right. Went for another haircut the other day and despite my earlier efforts at hair-styling Spanish, I fared a bit better.

At the barbershop I favor in Ciudad Quesada, they let me read while whacking the locks, and that suits me just fine. However, once again I forgot to make it clear that I wanted just a bit off the top, not to cut it close to the scalp. It's still a little higher and tighter than I normally get it, but it worked out fine.

It's hotter than Hades down here at times and the humidity is pretty high, so any excess hair amplifies the effect, and I don't have to go get it cut again for a while.

Still, I'm going to make a point to bone up on the Spanish before I head back. Notice on TV that a lot of the studs spike their hair in the middle.

Aside from the fact that Lucy has forbade a haircut like that for me, I doubt if the fellows at the shop in Quesada ($5.00 for a cut) would know what to do if I could make myself understood for that kind of hair style.

No comments: