Friday, July 16, 2010

You ever want to wear. . .

Something that only the folks in various stores can wear? You're probably never going to get to work at Jiffy Lube or at the Home Depot, but the shirts are nice, right?

Well, since we've been building the two new tree houses, we've been doing more business than usual with the local ferreteria (hardware store). Veniccio, the owner, came to Tree Houses to talk about giving us a break on the prices since we were going to be buying a lot of stuff. After the hard negotiations were finished, I told Veniccio that I had a question for him that would make or break the deal: I wanted one of the shirts that he and his staff wear at the store.

He gave me a goofy look, then realized that I am a goofy guy, and said sure, no problems, I'd have a shirt in a month when he gets the next batch in. It is primarily white, with electric orange sleeves and various construction patches on the side. He says that I have to come work in the store a couple of times a week since I'll be wearing the shirt, but I'm pretty sure after he realizes the shallowness of my hardware expertise, I'll be off the hook on that front.

3 comments:

Jason Durall said...

Awesome!

lu-mar said...

yep, that would be one cool shirt. . . kind of like a billy bob's bowl and grill shirt that you always see, but never get to wear!

pass the smiles said...

We think alike. I have collected ups, fed ex, mcdonalds and us postal service shirts over the years. But none of them holds a candle to your electric orange sleeved local ferreteria shirt. I am envious.