Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Of course, everyone knows this. . .

Except for the handyman-challenged folks like myself. . . However, the other day when Miguel was re-wiring the laundry room to make room for more heavy-duty appliances (220 volts, like back home) we were working in close quarters.
That initial brush is NOT static electricity, as I thought, but just like what the original handyman Bruce has told me many times: It's a real jolt. Then again, I was trying to figure things out in Spanish, so I was even slower than normal. I was nearly knocked off the milk crates (Miguel was atop one of the washers) and no harm was done, (though Miguel thought it was pretty funny).
All is well and the internal wiring is all set. . . The external and the transformer? That's another story at this point.

No comments: