Saturday, October 1, 2011

Six years ago, around noon

California time, the prettiest, nicest woman I have ever known walked up the aisle with her father and actually agreed to marry me.
Yes, for the three of you wags that read this regularly, and will question Lucy's sanity, I do the same at times. We met in Hawaii and are now in a foreign land doing something totally different than we thought we could be doing in our futures.
It doesn't matter, though, if we're working at the hotel here or pulling Slurpees (or Slushees), as long as I'm with Lucy, life is just fine and dandy and there's nothing to worry about.
Hopefully today, we'll find the time to head to a hot springs resort and relax for a few hours and get away from the work and everything that needs to be done around the place.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Happy anniversary Mark & Lucy! Wow, seems like only yesterday I screwed up the time of your wedding ceremony and ended up coming late at your reception. Ah, good times. Have a great day together, whatever you end up doing.

Dave said...

Happy Anniversary! Hopefully we can hang out soon :O)

Dave & Grace

Poiduck said...

The wife and I celebrated our sixth anniversary on Guam, more than 34 years ago ... she forgave me for that, so I'm sure Lucy will forgive you for CR ... maybe ... :)

Stew Magnuson said...

Congrats! I started my present job the Monday after flying back from your wedding. Six years at the same job, a record for me.
Have a good soak! You guys deserve it.

Mark B. said...

Happy Anniversary!

Mark & Kiyomi