Monday, April 26, 2010

The pinnacle of travel. . .


The other night, while heading to a fantastic restaurant here in Buenos Aires, I fell victim to great marketing.

As we passed a small hotdog stand, I noticed that Duff Beer was offered for sale. For those not in the know, Duff is Homer Simpson's favorite brand and therefore, must be a brew of mystical proportions.

I saddled up, slapped down 15 pesos and savored Duff, sweet, Duff. . . I had expected a Duff label to be slapped over a Quilmos bottle or another Argentine brand, but it was a real bottle with a real label, and the beer was not bad at all.

I have not traveled to all places yet, but this is the first city where I have found Duff (didn't even know it existed in reality until tonight).

It really does exist, and you can check it out at: www.duffargentina.com.

Woo-hoo!

No comments: