Friday, August 10, 2012

So much for that diagnosis. . .

There's a reason I never went to medical school. Turns out blisters and rash on my arm weren't caused by poison ivy.

I was talking with Rolando and he took a look at it and knew what it was immediately. It took a few minutes for me to figure out what he was trying to tell me, but it's from a spider. It's not a bite, it's spidey-wiz, pee, urine.

I sure didn't see a spider, and don't remember getting wet, but Patricia confirmed Rolando's diagnosis the following day.

The best thing for it is achiote, which is a fruit that has red seeds and grows in the jungle. However, it is also ground into a paste and people use it for cooking. It's bright red/orange and really stands out when you put it on a pasty fellow's arm. It seems to have done the trick, as the rash is subsiding (though it's hard to see through the red paste).

1 comment:

Poiduck said...

monkey and spidey wiz ... rain forest, indeed